IBEX is committed to supporting Churches as they seek to understand their local communities, build contacts and develop their mission.
Members of the IBEX team are available to discuss with churches how this may be taken forward in a given location.
For further details please contact David Wrighton, Team Leader.
Baptist Mission Consultancy
In the Handbook to the scheme it states that consultancy is defined as:
- a partnership between church and consultants
- in discerning the call of God
- to a particular church in their local community
- at a particular time
- and in taking steps forward in that mission
Church, Community and Change
In the Church, Community and Change handbook the vision aims and objectives are set out:
Vision: To help churches respond to the real needs of their community in a way which shows God’s love and brings about real, lasting and positive change.
Aim: To help prepare churches to become more significantly involved in meeting needs in their communities.
To help churches:
- address key concerns, issues and attitudes that church members may have about getting more involved in meeting needs in their community
- listen to their community and through doing so, begin to identify key issues and needs
- identify and plan a response to an issue identified which is feasible and realistic and will have tangible impact on those in need who are targeted